Skip to content
What do we do?
You are here:
- What do we do?
- Awareness Sessions: Because of the experiences that we have gone through, we have been able to give very meaningful, practical and effective Awareness and training sessions to ordinary citizens, public authorities, Government departments, schools, colleges as well as employees of Public Sector undertakings like Mazagaon Dock Ltd, MHADA, MbPT, CIDCO, MTNL, Maharashtra Sales Tax office,RCF etc and even Private Corporates. We have been giving sessions of the Act in Mumbai municipal Wards. All these have been well accepted and appreciated by the public authorities.
- Training Sessions: As some of us are certified by Yashada, we have trained the employees and Public Information Officers of some Public Authorities in proper implementation of Right to Information Act, so that people at large are given the right information in the mandated time.
- RTI Clinics/Help-desks: We have also trained people who are running RTI clinics or help desks at various places in the city of Mumbai to assist RTI users. RTI Campaigns: We conduct Mass Awareness Campaigns on RTI (2 to 3 days), some of them at various Stations on the Western Railway, Brihan Mumbai Mahanagar Palika and at public areas like parks, Churches etc. which have been very useful to citizens. Till now, these Mass Awareness Campaigns have reached as many as 7,00,000 people.
- Mass Awareness Campaigns on RTI & RTS: at Railway Stations, Municipal Ward Offices, Public places, Churches, etc
- Seminars: on any aspect of RTI Act, Working of the Commission, Amendment of the Act, etc
- Liaison with the Commission: to improve implementation of the Act
- Conventions: to bring RTI users and other stake holders together for review, sharing of success stories, exchange of views, strategies, etc
- Making RTI applications: with strategy to bring about systemic change
- Forming of Social Audit Local Team (SALT) : at ward level to conduct social audits of public works.
- Hold Jan Sunvai’s (Public Hearing): to announce the findings of audits and to bring accountability